Monday, May 7, 2012

A Little Peak

So many, many things going on, and so very little time to post.

In my last post, I talked about starting over in May (as if it were January). And I did good for like, a day.  Then I got some FANTASTIC news, and totally crapped out on my eating healthy and drinking only water.

I was offered (and promptly accepted) a position in a office setting.  I've worked three days, and I'm pretty happy with position, and the new opportunities that will (hopefully) be coming with it.

However, it also came with a 40 minute drive to and from work. I don't mind the drive, I did a drive that took the same amount of time when I was pregnant with T, for a job I didn't like nearly as much as I'm already liking this position.  And the drive gives me time to clear my head between home and work, and vice versa. So when I'm home I'm (even more so) fully present.

With the stressed that accompanies a new job, plus new hours/routines for said job has made giving up caffeine a near impossible, and dangerous, task. So this has been postponed, but will still remain a goal for one month in 2012.

I've also attempted to start FLYing. This is a housekeeping concept I found online, FLYlady.net.  The system (from what I understand) is based on routines. Creating routines, and doing what needs to be done rightnow and not procrastinating.  Also focusing on spending a limited time (15 minutes in most cases) focusing on a chore/room/area that needs to be decluttered/cleaned. And being satisified with what was done within the time constraints. The biggest thing I'm struggling with is the concept that imperfect housework still blesses your family. I'm kinda a perfectionist, hard to tell, I know, but 'tis true.

Just a glimpse into what's happening around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment